Marine Biology Case Study
Into Your Curriculum
This document shows one way that the Marine Biology Case Study could be
integrated throughout year as you teach the AP CS curriculum. You will
obviously not use the case study to teach everything in your course, but
this "syllabus" shows parts of the case study you can use as you
cover various AP CS topics.
If Statements, Using Objects (
RandGen class, or, for now, my
Coin class: coin.h and
- Exercises on p. 8 (even if students haven't read or received the
- Histogram of exercises above (my
version uses CMU graphics)
Using Functions, Reading Class Definitions
- MBCS Part I (have to at least know how to read a class
Writing Class Definitions
- Could create a
Dice class, or if already using
Coin class, using a
RandGen object. DO NOT look at
- Implement partner program that generates input files for MBCS (Ex. 6
on p. 28).
Black-box Testing, Developing Test Plans, Testing Boundary
- MBCS II, 1st section (pp. 19 - 28)
RandGen, Dealing with Multiple
Objects, OO Design (or at least object diagrams)
- MBCS II
- Implement a Breed, Age, and Die program (see Chris Nevison's MBCS
Data Structure and Algorithm Analysis
- Revisit discussion of competing Set representations.
- Implement Unbounded Ocean.
- Discuss "error" in description of
FishAt (should use
its performance implications.
Inheritance (not a required APCS topic!)
This page is maintained by Alyce Brady